Ecommerce website design is the process of creating an online store for your business to sell digitally to target consumers.
To design an e-commerce website, you need to plan, conceptualize, and arrange your content and products for effective display on the Internet.
Complete transactions online without ever having to handle any cash. We assist in planning your online store and adding in payment gateways.
The starting point with an ecommerce site is the you will need to have a:
Your web site hosting needs to be compatible with wordpress and woocommerce.
Payment gateway options
You will need to create a payment gateway in order to take online payments.
Then I can link the payment gateway to the web site.
Local payment gateway options:
International payment gateway options:
You will need to have a courier in place in order to add shipping methods to the web site.
This is so that you can calculate the cost to ship the order to your client.
The courier company will then need to provide shipping tables or a woocommerce compatible plugin that can be imported into your web site.
Some local courier options in South Africa
Some International courier options
You can also decide how you will structure your shipping costs.
Shipping can be:
– Based on courier shipping tables
– Standard shipping rate
– Free shipping -Where you cover the clients shipping costs
– Free shipping for when a client spends over a certain amount you pay for the clients shipping
- Lets encrypt – Our hosting solution comes with a Lets encrypt SSL certificate
- If you want a more advanced security certificate see SSL Store
On your web site you will need to have pages that cover the following policies
- Shipping and delivery
- Returns and cancelations
- Policy Generator is a nice resource to generate policy pages
- You can also review what other online stores have done
The policies need to be in place for various countries privacy laws, it is also a requirement in order to run Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
For the web site
You will need to get your information together in an electronic format
Planning needs to be done for the site structure
How many categories
- Each category will need a:
- Category name
- Category description
- Category introductory paragraph
- Category photo / image
- Each product image should be the same size
- Several product images can be added
- How many products
- Product name
- Product description
- Short description
- Long description
- Product image / picture
- Product code
- Stock quantity
- Product weight will be needed to calculate shipping
- Nice to haves if available
- Pdf file
Other options can be:
- They work on a sliding scale of a monthly fee based on how many products you have that can work out quite expensive
Do you need help with your digital strategy?
Get your FREE Digital Strategy Planning Template